I’ve made this recipe many times, but can’t seem to remember to take my own photo. This photo and the recipe is courtesy of Raw Food For Life.
- 1 cup of soaked raw almonds (12-24 hrs)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 T cold pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 1/4 tsp of Real Brand or Celtic Sea salt
- Contents of 1 pro-biotic capsule (optional)
- 1/4 cup cold purified water
Twist around the ‘cheese’, forming it into an orange-size ball, and squeezing to help extract any moisture. Secure with a rubber band or kitchen twine.
Place the cloth over a strainer. Put it in the refrigerator to set for about 12 hours. Be sure to put a bowl underneath the strainer to catch any runoff. The last time I made this over Christmas, I soaked the almonds, peeled them (the skin just pops off), then I set the almonds in the refrigerator till the next day. In doing this, there wasn’t any extra liquid that drained out from the nut bag.