• 1 and 1/2 cups of yellow split peas**
• 2 tsp of coconut oil
• 1 large sweet onion, diced
• 1 lb or 6 large carrots, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 inch of ginger, minced
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 3 T. maple syrup
• 1 bay leaf (optional)
• 4 cups of vegetable stock
• 2 cups of filtered water
• Real Brand or Celtic Sea salt, to taste
**Soak split peas in purified water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
In a large pot, heat coconut oil on medium. Sauté onion and carrots for about 5 minutes.
Next add ginger, garlic and cinnamon, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
Add all other ingredients including the soaked split peas, bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
Before pureeing, make sure split peas are soft but still intact. If they are still hard, simmer for another 10 minutes or so.
Remove bay leaf, then puree soup in batches using a blender or directly in the pot using a hand blender. Serve immediately.